Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another Festive Week

Okay.. so I find myself in a holding cell, most of my equipment stripped from me. Suddenly an old guy and a group of guards appear at my cell door, telling me to step away from the door as they enter the cell.
Once in the cell the old man goes to a section of the wall and lo and behold! A secret passage. Once he and his guards are safely down the passage I silently followed.. thus began my adventure in Tamriel. Along the way I picked up a fire sword, managed to crawl out of the dungeons and barely made it across the the opposite shore alive.
Yeaps. I installed Oblivion on my laptop, and this time I am going through the game slowly.
Last week has been an exceptionally tiring and long week for me.

To begin with, it was the first full week of work after the festive season. Thursday looked a million miles when looking from Sunday! Any way, I managed to get most of my work done despite my room now being occupied by five people. During the week, We received three people from KL who are seconded to the plant for the next two years. With them is also my friend from a different project who needs to use my pc for his work.

So The weekend could not have come any sooner!

On Friday me and KKL went to the market to buy some meat but unluckily (or luckily) the market was packed so we had to go find our meat somewhere else. We ended up at a stall by the side of the road where we got a kilo of fresh meat and a kilo of lamb! Yay!

So that day I cooked lamb stew... unfortunately again, the stomach is faster than the trigger fingers so there are no pictures of the stew. (Picture taken from the Net)

On Saturday I cooked 'Sup Tulang' Mexican style, complete with tomatoes, chilli peppers and all sorts of "Mexican" spices. The soup was divine, but once again no pictures.



On Sunday Ikelah and DITH paid us a visit. I had a half day at the office and went home to help KKL in preparing the house. For lunch (at 3 pm) we had Laksa Assam and Keropok Lekor. Later we agreed to meet up in Kerteh for our dinner. We had crab, squids, oysters, a stingray and drinks.

The Feast


Ikelah in action

It was a very fulfilling dinner. My good buddy Jamil also joined us that night. He was on the way to KT for a four day course. So before he left we made sure he had an excellent dinner.

Oh Crab!



Hmm so which one will I choose first?


Pari Bakar

On Monday my plant tripped. Man! So today it has been a busy day getting things organised. At least this week will be interesting....

Regards....


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

The Soundaholic said...

i think ketam is exactly what i need. to cure this tension. =)

cant wait to be there!

Orangkilang said...

looking forward to having you!

Kalau ada cybershot boleh go out and take pictures together

Anonymous said...

makdah
habislah you'll be treated with so much food! darn it, im jealous!

ok
wow nice pictures man. i really like the one picture of the plates of food - getting smaller in size due to perspective and then ikelah right at the end.

you take excellent pictures, why dont we get to see much of them??

ps
oblivion? be prepared to spend 70 plus hours finishing it. hehehe, cant wait to visit you guys & have a look at your latest games/gadget/gear.

Anonymous said...

makdah
habislah you'll be treated with so much food! darn it, im jealous!

ok
wow nice pictures man. i really like the one picture of the plates of food - getting smaller in size due to perspective and then ikelah right at the end.

you take excellent pictures, why dont we get to see much of them??

ps
oblivion? be prepared to spend 70 plus hours finishing it. hehehe, cant wait to visit you guys & have a look at your latest games/gadget/gear.

Orangkilang said...

Mdah - a well deserved break requires a well deserved meal..;)

Mynn - I really don't like my pics. Most of the pics I take are boring and dont tell a story, it is lifeless and souless. I like picture of animals, children, people in general. Ironic as I am antisocial. I also like landscapes but have yet to find a landscape that I can call my own and be inspired.

Gadgets to insyaAllah. Tribal council kalau approve will have macam macam. hehehe. I am rethinking the projector strategy, though I still want it I am worried about the operations part. Media center on the way. PS3 in the works. Sound system tgh scope. The furniture tgh cari.

Jamil said...

I chuckled to myself reading the part about the "PS3 in the works". Seems that boys will always be boys.

The only difference between you and me is that when you say the PS3 is in the works, it sounds possible. Unlike me. I have to wait at least another 4 years :(

The Soundaholic said...

ketam!!!!

ikan pari bakar!!

yum yum yum!!!

hehe... need to save space for all those from now. ;)

dith said...

To enforce Mynn's statement on OK's excellence pic taking, this is the scenario that night:

OK took out his D50 in the beginning just as the ketam arrived and swiftly snapped a few quick shots deftly and kept the camera away to concentrate on the ketam. Even in that quick short meoments his pics are good to look at.

Orangkilang said...

Honestly, I feel that most of my pics are not good enough for public consumption. I spend hours looking at my collection wondering what to do with it. Most of the pictures don't really speak to me..

But when I do see some that do I do post them here. The picture of the crab and the pari looked so juicy that I had to post it, despite the pics being posted on three other blogs!

Mama Sarah said...

i've just finished watching America's next top model. tiba2 rasa Tyra should start something like "America's next top photographer".

And i can so imagine one of the judges borrowing OK's line: This photo doesn't speak to me. sigh.

Hey, you have a good camera - use it man! Otherwise, care to sedekah it to me?

The Soundaholic said...

OK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Like yeepee!

=D

Anonymous said...

happy birthday OK! sorry belated wish on the blog but im not at home at the moment/this weekend.

enjoy your birthday man, take care.

KKL, how are treating OK today?