Thursday, October 12, 2006

Kubang....

Break… It has been so long since my last real break that I have forgotten how it feels to be on holiday. Considering that the plant had problems way back in May, it has been four months since I have taken a break.

Alas this blog is suffering from lack of writing and inattention. Sitting back and relaxing I realised how much my mind has been preoccupied about thinking about the problems in the plant as well as the potential solution. So when I sat down in front of the screen to update my entries my mind drew a blank.

So I grabbed the first idea that comes to mind.

My TV show list:

a) Eureka

b) Heroes

c) Studio 60

d) CSI

e) How I met your mother

Items cooked at home during Ramadhan:

a) Nasi Lemak

b) Bubur Lambuk

c) Ikan Assam Pedas

d) Udang Goreng Special

Later on will try bubur Arab and Persian rice. KKL is an excellent cook. Me, I need guidance and some special secret recipe.

Last night had a wonderful dinner with P5, Jimmy, KKL and myself. We had two kilos worth of crab, fish, sting ray, oysters, calamari and tomyam. It was really delicious and satisfying. We spent about 3 hours at the shop.

Looking forward to Raya when we can savour more delicious seafood. I hear from P5 that there is a good restaurant in Kuantan near Tg. Lumpur mosque. Will definitely scope it out when we get there.

I have one more week of solid work left before the long holidays. We are planning to cook for the Raya festivities. I for one am looking forward to the barbeque and the Persian rice. Bubur lambuk can also be made where needed as we can easily find the required ingredients at the market.

Of course it will be a slow drive down to Kuantan and I plan to buy stuff along the way such as lemang, kopitiam and keropok.

Yummy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah sedapnya makan sea foooooood!

tak de gambar of the dinner ke O-K?

must be looking forward to your holidays. mine starts today :)

Orangkilang said...

Hehehe... bawak kamera... lupa nak ambik gambar.. sedar sedar dah habis baru teringat camera.. makanan semua dah masuk ke dalam perut...

all in all cost us around RM 109. So very2 cheap

Most of the food habis. tinggal ikan bakar sikit

The Soundaholic said...

SANGAT DENGKIIIIII

From someone yang buka puasa makan maggi.

HAHAHA. Naah, that was just a one time thingie.

so yay! sounds like fun indeed!

Anonymous said...

ituler kita ajak duduk kat sini.. boleh makan ketam sampai tangan jadi sepit heheheh also get to drive the car.

Anonymous said...

kena gi makan ketam lepas ramadhan nanti

dith said...

OK makan ketam sampai tgn jadi sepit?? That intensive eh?

The Soundaholic said...

hehe. will keep that in mind.

but like i said.

my agent will contact you.

=)

pycnogenol said...

"lupa nak ambik gambar.. sedar sedar dah habis baru teringat camera.. makanan semua dah masuk ke dalam perut..."

Kalau Mynn,makanan belum tiba, kamera dah mula berkelip-kelip. Bila makanan dah tiba, sesiapa pun tak dibenarkan sentuh, selagi kamera tidak mengelip dan 'menyejukkan' makanan terlebih dahulu...:)

On "makan ketam sampai tangan jadi sepit"

Kira bagus la tu OK...tak payah nak bergarfu or chopstick lagi. Boleh main sepit-sepit aje...he..he..:)

Welcome back KKL!!!

Jamil said...

Can't wait to earn my own money...

...so that I can also eat crabs until I become claw handed.

Orangkilang said...

Pychno - thanks for commenting on this blog, heheh I have been very bad in not maintaining it as often.. but could you blame me now that my heart is here with me??

Hiyoshi.. mana boleh you grow crab claws.. nak jadi doktor.. nanti jadi macam doktor Zoidberg susah laks..