Saturday, September 23, 2006

Contemplating Ramadhan

Words can't describe how happy I feel this year that Ramadhan has arrived. Previous years have been a bitter sweet affair, especially since my wife was away. It is always sad breaking fast away from family. Sweet that I also got to hang with my good friends and break fast with them. Most notably the first day was with P5 and Jimmy, both from the Nikon DSLR club.

I remember our simple fair, we bought milk, kurma from the office and some condiments. Dinner was later.

This year, the first four days I will be either breaking fast with friends or alone, no biggie there. Then off to Kuantan to break fast with my inlaws. Then on Monday it will be with my wife. Yes, she is finally coming home.

I pray and hope that this Ramadhan will be a Ramadhan for me to contemplate and improve myself, especially now that I finally will take up my responsibility as a husband. We have been away from each other for so long and have grown in our own right. That uniqueness in our relationship I do so wish to cherish and at the same time start to create beautiful memories together. There is so much that needs to be caught up on, though knowing me I will most likely find it most difficult to express how I feel verbally. Like Jason Mraz (tq MDah) I find solace in words in writing.


I also pray that Allah gives me the strength to change for the better and become a better person. If there is any time in our lives that we have a chance to change, Ramadhan is the best chance. During this time we are free from the whispers of Syaitan who will be locked up during the entire month. Our motivations will be our own, our sins will be our own, our darkness will be our own. So if we need to cleanse and purify ourselves, this is the time. As Picard says in First Contact, "The line must be drawn heeyah (here)!"

Luckily for me I have my wife to help me through this journey, my sisters, my father, my family and my friends.

So dear friends, please pray for us in our never ending journey to seek His blessings.

W'salam

23 comments:

The Soundaholic said...

Jason Maratz sape? Jason Mraz kenal arrr...

Kahkahkah

Wheee =)

Anonymous said...

OK,

That was beautifully written! I could feel that it came straight from your heart. Insyallah let's pray that we change for the better. Am happy for you that this Ramadhan you'll be near with the one you love. Rejoice!

Anonymous said...

ke kuan which weekend? tak datang rumah? next saturday p5 balik kuantan.

Anonymous said...

Hanis will arrive on the first around 11pm(Sunday). Maybe stay one day in KL buka puasa with family then drive back.

Tuesday (maybe wednesday) may buka puasa in Kuantan.. may want to be back to Dungun after so that Hanis can get a head start on her work.

All this depends on how energetic or tired Hanis will be hehe.. of course she is home for good so InsyaAllah we will have plenty of time!

Mama Pongkey said...

:) Ni yang buat rasa nak balik cepat ni...

DITH:
Rejoice sgt tak ley sebab:
1. bulan puasa
2. thesis kawe
Heheheh... alhamdulillah.

iKelah
Halamak kawe melepasle makan al fredo ka Kuantan...

Makdah
Jason Mraz tu sapa? :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I have only two more days of work left..yay..

thinking takin the Thursday off or even going of early, maybe 12.30 pm..

then have a leisurely drive to Kuantan.

If not, then go back with the crowd around 4 pm.. should be plenty of time....

I have arranged my hols to be flexible.. so have plenty of time to help Hanis settle in... The house is not 100% clean.. but it is the best I can do alone.. Two large sackfulls of garbage has been thrown out with a third one being filled slowly, so things are looking okay..

Today will be washing my clothes and tidying up the car... hehehe

All in all getting really impatient....

Anonymous said...

BTW.. kalau nak duduk Kuantan lama pun I don't mind.. hehe.. but there is an iftar invitation by Jamil on Friday...

Mama Pongkey said...

Still have boxes to pack. Hopefully it will get finished soon. A bit tense as I discovered I may have to tweak with my images even more than I previously thought. Khair, inshaAllah. Doas requested everyone..

Orangkilang said...

Ahh.. Hmm I want to take a long leave.. but I have a feeling that my boss is reluctant to give it.. the plant has stabilised so it should not be too bad..

Hmm.. any way. kalau cuti pun I will still be staying in Dungun so if need be can always go to work at a moments notice kalau ada masalah

Ikelah said...

(jengok je-masih berdua duan)

Mama Sarah said...

mentang2 KKL dah balik - terus senyap eh?

dith said...

Nisak-

Shh...jgn kacau! hehe

Anonymous said...

balik berkubang tanpa berita,
tak memperduli apa yang ditulis oleh semua manusia,
sememangnya dah lama kita teka,
sekarang semuanya nyata belaka. :(

Anonymous said...

pergi ke kedah terlupa peta
sesat jalan malu bertanya
balik berkubang tanpa berita
sembilan bulan lagi keluarlah hasilnya

dith said...

Pergi ke Kedah terlupa peta??
Nak ke Kedah pon pakai peta??
Balik berkubang tanpa berita,
Sbb nak habiskan thesislah agaknya!

mynn said...

dith melatah bukan sengaja,
tapi aduh, sangat bisa nya
habiskan thesis alasan sahaja,
tanya lah o-k apa sebenarnya.

dith said...

Duduk lama di rantau sana,
Sampai ke Kedah pakai peta!
Habiskan thesis itulah alasannya,
Saya percaya, tiada curiga.

Mama Sarah said...

mula2 kemaruk camera,
sekarang pantunlah pula,
menulis thesis memanglah kerja,
perMATA cahaya pun apa salahnya?

Anonymous said...

menulis tesis memanglah kerja,
sayang kamera macam mak we,
mama dan papa kata jangan mengada,
dapat pHD baru kita bincang semula.

mynn said...

mama dan papa kata jangan mengada,
kunci pintulah nampak gayanya,
OK frust berganda-ganda,
Bertahun-tahun ditunggunya.

Anonymous said...

OK frust berganda-ganda
sekarang ceria seri wajahnya
KKL ditunggu dah kunjung tiba
Namun tesis juga yang jadi angkara

Orangkilang said...

Siang hari jadi cobaan
Malam hari jadi cabaran
Thesis tak siap takleh nak jalan
Apatah lagi anak dalam buaian

Anonymous said...

Thesis tak siap takleh nak jalan
tidur pun juga janganlah harap
anak yang baik jadi idaman
marilah kita berdoa kerap

(aik, tiba2 baik pulak pantun aku)