Monday, April 17, 2006

Car Review

Akum guys,

Ok latest update. i have been driving non stop for the last three four days... I must say... wow.

I dont have a blog and I have not yet been home so I could not yet post any pics... but initial impressions are as follows.

On the day I got the car... wow... nice lines, cool leather interior... mmg susah nak control riak.. I was that excited... my car is car number 24 in Malaysia... wow..

The interior is done in black leather... everything is V kool. took a short spin on Friday.. but the real test was Saturday

Saturday....Melaka..

Drove the car to Ayer Keroh Melaka.. at 120 Kmph the rev limiter was at 2000 RPM!!!!! mak ai.. so low one! memang jimat minyak.. the crazy part was that it felt like it was going 60 kmph... there was more drive yet in the car.

On the flipside the goodyear NCT 5 tires were $#%$#%#@ noisy. So it was decided that the tyres had to go.

On the way back from Melaka went for a go kart ride.. that was fun but i burnt my backside from the engine and went to Nilai3. Nilai 3 is fast becoming the golok of Malaysia... my God. So many cheap imitations. Barlie Doll anyone?

Went back to USJ then made a quick trip to Shah Alam.. time to showcase the car to the father inlaw..oops.. hehehe.. to my dad.. He loved the car.. went for a spin that ended in a tyre shop in Klang. there we haggled the price for a brand new set our tyres for the Civic and the Camry. After that it was back home to USJ. Malam tu went shopping to Giant.. so the car has really been put through all "Malaysian" stress test and passed with flying colours.. except for those darn tyres.

On Sunday.. woke up, showered, drove over to Shah Alam, convoy with the Camry to Klang and spent three hours at the tyre shop. After that the driving was even better! The tyres were quiter... did not sound like a hurricane, now a lower intensity sound. The grip is amazing! 140 kmh in the rain with one hand and half a brain...the other half was on the phone with my wife... wow! and the car was as stable as a rock..

Later that evening drove back to Kuantan where I stayed the night.. driving was so effortless.. I wish we had cruise control... would have been handy in the highway.. this morning drove to work at 5.40... arrived in Kerteh at 7.00.. hmmmm maybe less traffic... who knows..

a good buy rating

9/10 - not an average ...hahahaha

No comments: