Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Justification

Dear guys.. have you ever had to do something or been told to do something that ethically you feel is wrong and the entire fibre of your being is at a moral crossroad wondering which path to choose?

Well today I have been told to do just that. Remember I posted (hehe) before that I was doing some rewriting of some of the people in my company's justification.. Why me? Well I can turn some piece of Cr#$ somebody has written into something smelling like a bunch of roses.

Any way, today I had to do or redo a justification for someone who deep down inside I know did not deserve the two rating. When i completed the rewrite i compared the two, one the original written by the bas#@$% himself and the second was my rewrite. Essentially they were telling the same story but they were vastly different. The original implicated other people as being incompetant and the guy being some big hero. The rewrite paints a picture of a benign person who's only care in the world is to ensure everything runs smoothly and everyone is happy.

So i did the only thing I can do. Scrapped the rewrite and resent the original.

As the original was written by the person himself it is a reflection of what goes on in that person's soul. At least let other people read his story and judge for themselves. I for one will know that tonight I can sleep with a clear conscience.

Regards

4:49 PM

No comments: