Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Missing KKL and Protoculture

any way... I just went away to have a drink.. was talking to kkl... hehehe long talk as tomorrow I am not working.. really miss her..

i was just wondering where life has led us.. or where we have led ourselves... are we passengers aboard the riverboat called life or are we the captain that steers the ship..

I met Muhaimin in 1990... and that was 16 years ago! Who would have thought it figures. Life has a funny funny way... hehehehe... could not resist

I remember at the at time we were so into robotech and protoculture.. did you know jack mckinley was actually two guys??

Any way, the amazing thing about robotech was there really was a story and a reason behind the things that happened. Much like my entry on transformers where we actually cared about the main characters, in robotech I was always cheering Rick and lisa on as well as Max and miriya.i mean the guys were all for exh other... hehehe..Of course if someone was to ask who I would have chosen as an avatar I would have said max.. hehe... specky guy ;)

if you read one blog by a friend of panglima.. i forget which one, she lists down if we were the child of the late seventies early eighties we would have the following.....

I mean there was Gaban, mask rider black, lagu Isabella etc..

At the same time I cannot but think and imagine about what my kids will be going through in the future.. note of advice.. save now for their university funds as in 10-15 years there will no longer be sponsorships as we know it. Only those from need to do families will qualify. these are the ones earning less than 1000 per month which at net present value is around RM 300, more or less.

the internet will be more accessable on the go.. ie in the car, train, plane etc.. computers are as thin as papers and the screen and keyboard are holographic. but the feedback feels so realistic...etc..

FPS will actually be FPS. you wil virtually see from the eyes within the game.

strategy games will be more complex as future games will be played at squad, platoon and army based... the largest being able to cammand an entire nation and send troops attacking each other.

i have many more ideas, but some have been taken, for example VR.. I envisaged VR in 1987.. but was too young to develop it. hehehe.. my idea was a game we booted on a helmet like device and the graphics were on the visor.

Regards

No comments: